|1999||The year of two thousand was declared the Year of Culture Support|
|2000||Union of youth of Kazakhstan named the laureates of the award in the sphere of literature, art|
28 December 1999
The year of two thousand was declared the Year of Culture Support
In order to revive, preserve and develop the multinational culture of Kazakhstan, I decree:
1. Declare the year of two thousand as the year of culture support
2. Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
1) Create the State Commission for the Year of Culture Support by January 20, 2000
Make an offer for the eminent persons of literature and art,leaders of public associations, national and cultural centers, creative unions and religious organizations to join the State Commission;
Instruct the heads of central executive bodies, regional governors and the governors of Astana and Almaty to create the similar commissions;
2) Approve the action plan for the organization of the Year of Culture by January 20, 2000; the plan should cover all the cardinal problems of regeneration and development in all spheres of multinational culture;
3) The funding of the events for the support of the Year of Culture should be conducted in accordance with legislation;
4) Provide a broad propaganda and the media coverage of the activities that envisaged as a part of the Year of Culture Support;
5) Instruct the State Commission for the Year of Culture Support to continue the work that was carried out in the years of national consensus and remembrance of the victims of political repression, national unity and national history, unity and continuity of generations;
3. This Decree shall enter into force on the date of publication.The President of the Republic Kazakhstan
28 December 2000
Union of youth of Kazakhstan named the laureates of the award in the sphere of literature, art
The titles of laureates in the sphere of literature, art and artistic self-regulating work were awarded:
G.Akurpekova and G.Baibosynova in the sphere of folk art;
G.Kaspakova, vocalists K.Makhanov and M.Tusupbayeva, N.Tanabayev, N.Oteulov, S.Kaliev and O.Glushenko in the sphere of theater art.
For great contribution in the literature and art the award were given A,Karipzhan and A.Smagulova;
folklore – A.Syzdykov and D.Dukenbayeva;
variety genre – Zh.Baitekov and S.Abdykhalykov.
For the propaganda of folk music the Awards were given to the ensemble “Ak Zhauyn” and chamber orchestra of students of Almaty State Conservatory named after Kurmangazy.