Atbasar for first time was mentioned in 30s of the 20th century. Near the confluence of the rivers Atbasar and Keregetas was built a border post № 96. 10 years later it was transformed into Atbasarsky reinforcement № 89, which links Akmola and Kokshetau. Over time, due to the fact that the consolidation was in the center of caravan routes, their roles have increased and strengthened. In 1843, Governor-General of Western Siberia Gorchakov offered to build Atbasar village instead of fortified point. And June 6, 1845 is the beginning of the Atbasar’s chronology. In 1878 the village was renamed Atbasar city, which became the center of the Atbasar County. Before the 1917 revolution in Atbasar district was poorly developed production, were functioned only steam flour mill and several small tanneries and fat-heating plants. Three times a year were organized sales fairs where a huge number of cattle, sheep, horses and different raw materials were sold.
Use of materials for publication, commercial use, or distribution requires written or oral permission from the Board of Editors or the author. Hyperlink to Qazaqstan tarihy portal is necessary. All rights reserved by the Law RK “On author’s rights and related rights”. To request authorization email to or call to 8 (7172) 57 14 08 (in - 1164)